HomePrivacyTax PlanningBrochuresAbout UsTax ResourcesContact Us

About Enrolled Agents

                                                   Services & Appointments


                     About Enrolled Agents                                         Seminar Information
An Enrolled Agent (EA)  is licensed by the IRS, may practice in any state. An enrolled agent is a tax professional, who has demonstrated special competence in tax matters, applied for enrollment, and has been issued an enrollment card. EA’s can represent you before the IRS.

Unlike lawyers or CPAs, EA’s specialize in taxation. Throughout the year they advise, represent and prepare returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any entities with tax-reporting requirements.

Only EA’s are required to demonstrate competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer. Also, they are the only representatives for taxpayers who receive that right from the   U. S. government. (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states.)

An individual may become an Enrolled Agent in one of two ways: The primary way is to pass a difficult, two-day examination given annually by the IRS. The test covers taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, procedures and ethics. The other way is to have been an employee of the IRS for 5 years.

Only an average of 1/3 of the individuals taking the examination pass each year, allowing them to apply for enrollment and subject themselves to a background investigation. EA’s are required to earn 72 hours of continuing professional education, reported every three years, to maintain their status. (30 hours per year are required for membership in professional EA organizations)

Because of the difficulty in becoming enrolled and maintaining that enrollment, there are fewer than 34,000 Enrolled Agents in the United States. In contrast, there are about 375,000 certified public accountants (CPAs) nationwide.      More Information

Maria Siconolfi is an enrolled agent and the owner of  MJS Tax Services.  She has eighteen years of tax experience, and a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the California Society of Enrolled Agents.



Make sure your tax preparer is a licensed Enrolled Agent, CPA, or California Tax preparer.

MJS Tax Services offers tax information classes.  Schedule a class for your employees, investment group, or organization.   Classes are free you provide the space and we will take care of the presentation.

We have qualified Enrolled agents giving you the latest information that affects you and your family.  Each presentation runs for about 30 minutes and we will be available to answer questions after the presentation.  Call us to schedule a class right away.

Current classes offered are:

30 Minute Q & A: Foreclosures, Short Sales &

2013 General Information.

Basic Tax Information & Update.

Tax effects of buying and selling property.

Self-Employment Recordkeeping.

Tax planning you can do right now.

Fit tax preparation into your busy schedule.  Schedule a day for us to come back to your office.  We offer convenient pick-up of your employees or groups tax return information.   We will contact clients by email, or phone then finish their return and mail to their home or return back to your office.

Discounts are available for your group. 

Contact Us